My little boy asked if we could make a decoration to hang above his bed...so we made this.
We made it by tearing up old egg cartons (for some reason I can't bring myself to through away egg cartons...) and dropping the bits into dye pots (just food colouring and water). Then we left them to dry in the sun. They really look like little flowers...
Then we made them into garlands using a large needle and strong thread and hung them from a stick...
Working on something new this week. I'm trying to make an owl with legs, claws, wings and a tail (my other owls are much more simple) and it's turning out to be a bit of a challenge! I'm having a lovely time though. Will show you what it looks like when I'm done.
With a woolen cloak to rug up against the cold, she is in her best forest-wandering dress.
She is made from discarded cotton remnants and wears a mauve silk dress hand-stitched from fabric that reminds me of moth wings. Her grey-blue wool hooded cloak is made from an old woolen blanket...all little scraps I've been saving for something special. You can see more detail here.